October 22, 2011

More Moose in North Country NH


My friend, Robin, called me last night and mentioned that she saw two moose - on young bull and one young cow. I went out after work this evening to see if I might spot a moose. The rut is over and bulls have lost about 25% of their weight.


I think this is the same bull my friends saw. He has been hanging out in this area for a couple of days.


This is a healthy looking bull but as you can tell from his antlers, he is still pretty young.


It was getting later (and darker) when I saw this bull. It looks like he saw some sparring action during the rut. One of his antlers was broken.


I asked him..."Is that your final antler"?


7 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

ha ha! too funny!

great to see these massive creatures! thanks for sharing!

Betty Manousos said...

LOL! hilarious!

terrific shots!

those are my beloved creatures for some reason.

so glad to see these!

Anonymous said...

What wonderfully stately animals. Great shots!

Carletta said...

Terrific shots!
I love the reflection in his eye in the third shot. I would love to see on of these in the wild someday. :)

nonizamboni said...

Oh, these are priceless captures! Mr. one antler and that closeup where the first bull is looking right at you--beautiful. Thanks for sharing a bit of your woods.

Joe said...

Great shots of the moose.

Saun said...

LOL, great pics thanks for sharing.